Before you get started with all these conversion tools we’ve shared in this series, we wanted to share with you a few of the most common mistakes that practices make when reaching out to their online leads.
We’ve alluded to most of these elsewhere in this series, but it’s worth devoting a section to these Conversion Killers so you can be sure not to make these costly errors.
- Don’t ask for the sale too soon. (But don’t hesitate when the time is right. You WILL have to ask for it at some point. DO IT!)
- Don’t focus on your practice’s solutions. Focus instead on the prospect’s problems.
- Don’t stop following up – continue to reach out. Many sales are made after the 8th interaction.
- Don’t pre-screen these digital leads. If you’re looking at someone’s Facebook page, and they don’t look like the ideal patient, that’s OK. Engage them anyway. If you start pre-screening folks, it will affect your follow-up and your numbers. People who could have had the procedure will fall through the cracks because you made a snap judgment about them.
- Act like a human. It’s easy to come across like a templated robot in your electronic communication. I’ve tried to give you warm, friendly examples of how to communicate online so that you don’t sound like a machine. When in doubt, ask yourself – “What would a human do?” And do that.
Time to Get Started!
Now that you have this knowledge, it’s time to implement it into your practice.
Share this document with your phone team and patient counselors, so everyone is on the same page with how to use this scripting.
Begin to use this today to connect with new leads coming in from the web.
Make no mistake, if you can master the skill of converting web leads, you will get the lion’s share of new patients in your market this year.
To your success,
And the Miller Public Relations Team