We are looking for a Junior Designer who’s got the chops to help us reach the next level in our development.
So, you’re an up-and-coming, brilliant, top-of-your-peers graphic designer?
Are you looking for a challenging, high-energy career in advertising that tests all of your skills? Looking for an employer that pays a solid salary, offers great benefits and provides stability in a tough economy? Miller Public Relations is hiring two rock-star candidates!
We are a full-service advertising and public relations agencybased in the Mid-Cities (Colleyville) area of Dallas / Fort Worth Texas (west side of DFW airport) that needs bright, talented individuals like YOU to fill full-time junior graphic design position. The energy level is HIGH, the pace is FAST and the deadlines are real, maybe a bit MORE than what you may expect from an art house.
We place BIG responsibilities on our designers, in correlation with what our marketplace demands. We expect all of our hires to be proficient in writing skills, stellar communicators, creative designers, and inspired artists.
We do not micro-manage our employees– our clients are the only ones we cater to – so you are responsible for keeping track of a timesheet, project list and monthly billing folders. We need talent that delivers incredible, timely work each and every time it is assigned.
When you bring true, unchained, unapologetic talent to the table that delivers excellent results, we make it a priority to reward you far beyond the industry norm. We offer liberal vacation time, bonuses and excellent health coverage (including dental). We heavily reward and promote employees who display and execute a strong personal investment in the company, our clients and the work we produce.We seek to hire designers who, above all else, strive to be the best. Our ideal candidate will be proficient in the following categories:
- Design Elements, Composition, Color Theory, and Typography
- Adobe Creative Suite Programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Macintosh/Apple Operating Systems (our primary office OS)>
- Verbal Communication, Writing Skills and Spelling
- Copywriting and creative writing
- Time management skills
- Project management skills
You Possess these abilities:
- Solid Understanding of the differences in Print vs Digital Specs
- Knowledge in Print Preparation, including working with vendors, sending optimized and approved creative pieces to print houses for production
- Strong creative view with the ability to present ideas clearly and a drive for innovative thinking
- Possess a strong portfolio with engaging and diverse work
- Able to lead small projects, or take direction from creative directors
- Able to take concepts to finished designs that are on strategy and reflect the brand’s personality
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics – getting sites listed on Google-Yahoo-Bing, promoting higher organic search results through link building/sharing, structuring site updates to be useful and recognizable to search engines, microsite construction, etc.
- Experience in Apple Final Cut Pro (video editing) and Apple Logic (audio editing)
- Experience in WordPress design and development is a HUGE plus
All candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college, art school or university. We are a non-smoking company.
Think you’re up for the job? Submit your resumé, portfolio and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Creative Director will review your submission and contact you for additional items, “test-run” homework assignments or even an interview.