By Cyndi Miller, CEO of Miller Public Relations
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. –Robert Frost
You may have come to a crossroads in your business where it makes strategic sense, and dollars and cents, to consider outsourcing your marketing activities. And you may ask yourself, well, how did I get here? A couple of reasons may have put you in this position. Perhaps you are a small company that specializes in a field such as healthcare, yet you lack the specific skill-set for internal marketing and you need an outside perspective to help you. Or, you simply cannot afford to spend another dime on expensive full-time salaried positions with benefits and tight managerial oversight. A reduction in overhead lets you shift more revenue to operational growth while freeing you to focus on your core business competencies.
You May Ask Yourself, How Do I Work This?
Here are the suggested marketing activities to outsource to a proven expert:
• Marketing strategy and planning
• Branding, logos and taglines
• Copywriting, content marketing, blogging
• Graphic design, concept through execution
• Website auditing, design and content
• In-office promotional materials
• Advertising, e.g. radio spots, print, web
• Public relations, e.g. press releases, testimonials
• Media buying and placement
• Email campaigns
• Electronic newsletters, e.g. eblasts
• Photography, audio and video services
• Search engine optimization (SEO)
• Relationship and reputation management
Five Key Reasons To Use A Pro To Work For You
Here we will highlight 5 serious pros for outsourcing some or all of your marketing activities.
1. Content marketing is a huge opportunity for outsourcing. You simply do not have the time to create original content, produce and distribute it across a wide variety of media platforms. In fact, according to a report by LinkedIn based on a survey of marketing professionals, 75% of marketers are outsourcing content in some way. Infrastructure is also important to have in support of content marketing efforts. You need document sharing for collaboration and project management software for organization—an added investment for inside employees to enhance quality of work and to track, report and account for marketing results.
2. You get experts on your team. You need a right-arm marketing professional who employs the latest technologies for marketing solutions. For instance, strategic copywriting is likely not a strength in your business. You need a tight-knit team comprising a content and link-building specialist who can: Crank out a heavy volume of timely and relevant content; write in a consistent voice and incorporate style, composition and grammar that represents you and speaks to your target audience; connect technology to the well-researched written word, as in generate SEO friendly copy that search engines like Google, Safari or Firefox, for instance, will instantly recognize and point potential clients to you. At the end of the day, amazing copy and keyword links get you maximum website traffic that translates into solid leads.
3. Get an objective perspective. Your marketing plan needs a fresh set of eyes, from a 60,000-foot perspective (strategy) to boots on the ground (tactics). Outsiders offer a new view on the things you do, an understanding of your people, products, services and customers. Outsiders bring more objectivity than the introspection insiders inherently “own.” Seasoned marketing professionals at Miller Public Relations, for instance, can look at your business in a brand new way, getting to the heart of what you do. The detachment of an outsider in this context is a good thing. We are still attached as your marketing arm.
4. Knowledge gained from other clients is invaluable to your business. You have your core competencies and we have ours. We have learned what works (and what doesn’t) with our clients who are generally in the same industry as you. Thus, our knowledge is compounded and passed along to you; there is no reinventing the wheel or fixing what is not broken. Our job is continuous improvement based on previous and current knowledge. We at Miller Public Relations operate as a well-oiled marketing machine.
5. Saving money is certainly a great reason to outsource marketing activities. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, salaries usually account for nearly 70% of an employee’s compensation package. The remaining 30% comprises taxes, healthcare and any savings plans. Outsourcing to a reputable marketing rock star—Miller Public Relations—will save you that 30% or more! Yes, we also are a small business just like yours so, we’ll get each other. We have roughly twenty specialists on staff with more than century of experience spanning 25 years in business, successfully navigating the marketing terrain for long-tenured clients across the nation. As a partner with us, you will have the additional flexibility to pay for only what you need on the marketing menu so to speak. We understand the ebbs and flows of business and a yearly marketing budget that is dependent on need. We go with the flow along with you.
Once in a lifetime, you will come across the opportunity to choose the right marketing partner. At Miller Public Relations, we have created our own brand as a boutique agency with a powerful, aggressive team of professionals dedicated to the broad medical marketing industry. We are highly respected as the go-to PR experts with exceptionally loyal clients who have experienced significant business growth. We care and we are accountable to you.
Your potential business success depends on your decision to outsource to Miller Public Relations. We can help you climb your marketing mountain with measurable results. For more information, give us a call at 817.281.3440 or email our CEO, Cyndi Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.